Saturday, September 13, 2014

Race seat more comfortable than stock?

I was happy with the stock seat and have done 500 mile days in it without pain (well, OK, without much pain....500 miles is still a long day). I replaced the stock seat with a Saddleman. The Saddleman is more comfortable than the stock seat and even better looking. The stock seat pan is heavy, though, and I wondered if the racing seat would provide a better connection with the motorcycle and still be comfortable. I ordered the race seat from the Vance and Hines XR1200 racing website. It comes with a seat pad that you glue on. Looks thin and hard, but it is amazingly comfortable. I felt better on the bike right away and for track days it's a huge improvement. I've done some long days but nothing like a 500 mile day. It feels just as comfortable as the stock seat. For overall looks, the stock seat pan in orange is still cooler looking; but, I'm liking the rough and ready look of the flat black race seat. I'm keeping the old seat just in case I decide to switch back.

3 comments:

  1. I like the way your tail section turned out! What tai light & turn signals did you use with the V&H tail and how did you mount them? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information here. Thank you. Looking forward to buying that same exhaust in he future.

    ReplyDelete