Saturday, September 13, 2014

XR1200 finds its voice with the sexyTermignoni 2-1-2 race system exhaust

The stock exhausts are heavy and really strangle the amazing music the XR1200 is capable of making. Adding these Termignoni pipes makes an amazing difference in the sounds and saves a huge amount of weight. Of all the pipes available for the XR1200, I think these are the best looking of all. (If you don't believe me, check out the competition on the XR1200 Forum). Mine have the carbon fiber cans and the removable db killer. I like db killer because I can ride around town and my neighbors don't wince at the sound. At track days, I take them out to let the full power loose. (With my Zippers ThunderMax EFI controller with autotune, the fueling automatically adjusts to the change). I've had lots of people at track days comment that the sound from my XR1200 is amazing; and I'm usually doing track days that have lots of exotic machinery from Ducati, Aprilia and MV Augusta. Hearing is believing. And it's not just the sound. The power increase and throttle response is amazing. I haven't had mine dyno'd but lots of comparison graphs are available on the XR1200. For me, it wasn't really the power increase, but the responsiveness to the throttle. The bike was smoother and responds immediately to input from my right hand. It was another of those modifications, like the rear sets from Sato, that increase the feeling on connectedness (is that a word) to the motorcycle. The price was steep, but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment